I further wrote that presenting a proposal to hold a referendum on joining BDS to the General Meeting provides legitimacy to a movement shown to be anti-Semitic. I said such an action is unacceptable for the Park Slope Food Coop, as we are committed to diversity.
Now, our members who want to hold the referendum have posted on their website page titled "About BDS," the exact BDS platform. Further down the page they ask, "Is BDS anti-Semitic?" In order to answer that question with a "No," they would have to show:
- Either BDS does not oppose the existence of Israel as a Jewish State or that opposing the right of self-determination for Jews is not anti-Semitic.
- BDS does not deny the unique historic connection between Jews and the Land of Israel.
- That the conditions demanded by BDS do not endanger the physical safety of Jews.
- That there is a true commitment among the Palestinian leadership to live in peace with Jews, with full recognition of their rights.
- That BDS demands of the Arabs an end to the conflict.
Instead, they provide a totally illogical, self-contradicting answer that reveals their ignorance. I will deconstruct their statement in the next post.
Once again, we see that plain and simple, they don't know what they are talking about.