Recently the pro-BDS group has been handing out flyers in front of the Coop. The flyers advocate holding a referendum on joining the BDS movement. The text is pretty much the same as on this page of the pro-BDS website.
Some in our group have suggested we respond with our own flyers. Reasons to respond are:
- Not everyone reads the Gazette, but everyone coming to the Coop gets a flyer.
- If we don't respond, it appears there is no opposition.
- Someone might be convinced by the flyer to support the referendum, even if she doesn't support BDS.
- Giving out flyers annoys people.
- Flyers create waste; even in New York City, where paper is recycled.
- It is not necessarily a good use of time and money.
What do you think?