Sunday, June 2, 2013

Celebrate Israel Parade - 2013

Today I attended the Celebrate Israel Parade in New York City.  It was wonderful and uplifting.  I spend far too much time reading all the horrible things the Israel-haters and the Jew-haters say.  Today was a day for sharing with the tens of thousands who support Israel.  You could feel the love.  Here are a few pictures I took.  I tried to get the unusual or the interesting.

I love seeing the flags waving as the marchers carry them up Fifth Avenue.  The United States flag together with Israel's flag.






So, I tweeted:

In addition to the synagogues, federations and Jewish schools, I saw this group "Christians and Churches of NYC"


These dancers are part of a Cyrus-Israel friendship group:


Hey, look at that camel on Fifth Avenue!


In your face, QAIA. LGBT Jews and Allies Celebrate Israel.


6 comments:

  1. It was a great parade.
    thanks for the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for all the good work you do. I watched the parade during a live broadcast online. People and weather were fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you have any live video from the parade please send it so that I can see a bit of it.. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did not take any video. But many people did and posted it on YouTube. If you search the phrase "celebrate israel parade 2013" You will find it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing the photos and your thoughts!
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great to see these, thanks.

    I missed our Israel65 Parade and Festival down here in Philly last month, as I had to be up in North Jersey that weekend to meet my new bosses at the last job I'll ever need (whoo!), but for the next 21 years I'll have my choice of pro-Israel parades and events to attend all along the Northeast Corridor.

    Home in Philly on weekends, up in North Jersey or NYC during the work week, or even all and both! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated. Please don't use profanities. Comments are usually posted within 24 hours, except on weekends. Please be patient.