Sunday, September 18, 2011

My Sodastream

On Thursday we bought a SodaStream machine at the Park Slope Food Coop. I am very pleased with it. It is easy to use, it looks nice and the soda is actually fizzy.

We had a Sypholux soda maker in the past, but I never liked it. In addition to having a name that sounds like a disease, it was heavy, hard to dry between uses, and it didn't make good soda.

I was skeptical about the Sodastream, but I decided to try it anyway. I am glad I did. It will pay for itself in less than 1 year. I won't have to carry home seltzer bottles anymore.

It is ironic. If it hadn't been targeted for boycott, I would never have known that this machine existed or was even sold at the coop. Sodastream is produced by an Israeli company. In the Food Coop it is found on the top shelf above the bottled juices, opposite the bulk items. I never look up there.

There were 3 Sodastream units on the shelf when I started my work slot this morning. When I left the store, 2 had already been purchased. It makes a great gift. Oh yeah, and when I googled SodaStream, I found out the stock is performing really well.

5 comments:

  1. Its great seltzer, and don't forget it makes a great gift.
    avishay

    ReplyDelete
  2. i had no idea such a thing existed! Way cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i was under impressed with the flavor packets, but then i'm not a big soda drinker anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. how much did your sodastream cost at the coop?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Matt -

    I think it was around $67 before tax and not including the $10 deposit for CO2 tank.

    You have to be a coop member to shop there.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated. Please don't use profanities. Comments are usually posted within 24 hours, except on weekends. Please be patient.